The last line from my last
post was… 'We didn’t mean to brag, but
when everyone else seemed to be getting COLD and SNOW, we were having to dig
out our shorts and tank tops' J
OK, I stand corrected. We
left Florida and arrived in Alabama at the Concuh National Forrest on
Jan. 5th. By the middle of
the week it was dropping below freezing! YIKES!! We did have one part crack, but
that was easily repaired with a trip to town, and after 3, 29 degree
nights, we popped back up to the normal 40 degree nights. J But, I got
ahead of my self. Florida
was WONDERFUL. So different than any place Bob and I have ever been, and we
thoroughly enjoyed it. So, here’s the pix and a little commentary.
These pictures were taken at
Merritt Island National Wildlife Refuge. While walking around I looked up and
saw the osprey above me and snapped that picture. Kinda cool J
More sights from the trip.
Bob took these of a draw bridge and sail boat.
A close up of all the little
shells forming the rocks.
Awwwwwwww A heart... Isn't that sweet :)
We camped for a week in the Everglades . The Everglades is located at the southern tip
of Florida ,
and we camped in the most southern campground in the park. Without going out to
the Keys, we were about as far south as we could get. From there we did a lot of drive around sight
seeing. First the alligators… lots of
alligators! Most of these pix are taken
at an alligator farm, but a few were out in the wild... with us!
At this point I don’t have
all the Everglades pictures ready. So, I will
post them later and continue on with our trip. With our RV camped at the
Everglades park, we took a 2 day trip to the Florida Keys .
Another awesomely beautiful place J
We had reservations for the night
on Key West , so
the first day we drove all the way out to the end of the Keys. We had lunch
here.
So many sights... so many pictures, and can only share a few :(
I love to watch birds. They are so funny :)
While Bob was sitting here, the gentleman next to him started up a conversation. It was a GOD THING! Imagine that LOL This man was our age, and had taken his whole family on vacation to the Keys to celebrate the graduation from college of one of his daughters. Earlier in his life he'd had a bad experience with 'church people' and hadn't attended church since. He wasn't so much against God, but just didn't know what to do with these feelings he had about the church people. Bob was able to help and encourage him.
'Some' of my sunset pix. It got quite cloudy, so didn't get as many as I wanted... none of the sun sitting on the sea. But what I got are beautiful.
This cruise liner was loading
up and pulled out to the left of us while we were taking sunset pix. It was
BIG!
We walked around Key West A LOT and saw many interesting and beautiful things, ate good food, and just thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. Before we went home (ie. the Everglades) the 2nd day, we visited the southernmost piece of real estate in the US. I planted my feet in the ocean and I can now say I've been there... done that!
You may not be able to read the caption under this pix. I'm just explaining where we are, and saying that the sun was so bright we could hardly open our eyes! btw, I think you can click on any of my pictures and see a larger sized pix, just in case you'd like a closer up view.
It's funny, yesterday, almost a month later, we were driving in Mississippi and saw a great big fish like this! We were past it before we had hardly seen it, so didn't get any pix, but we chuckled to ourselves. It would be like having a bigger than a building deer in front of a restaurant at home. LOL
From the Everglades, we went up
the west coast of Florida to Sarasota . There, our friends Mike and Alesia
let us camp out in their back yard while we continued to explore J What precious people they
are. We enjoyed going to church with them and spending Christmas with them and
their family. Great time! Thanks guys!!
While there, we visited Myakka
state park. This a picture of Mike and Alesia and us on Christmas day, and
pictures from Myakka:
The Ringling Museum
was an interesting and beautiful place to visit. I didn’t take any pix inside,
just outside of the cool trees and etc.
Alesia insisted that we had to visit
OK, going to post now, with
more to follow shortly… I Hope! LOL





































No comments:
Post a Comment